LoveHateDreamsLifeWorkPlayFriendshipSex and Finally, Love again

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Dance Dance Dance

Well, I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving day.

I want to thank for this holiday, a half since we don't celebrate thanksgiving in Japan and it was totally "Thanks giving" for me, and a harf because it was so exciting that it made me feel like studying.

I was in NYC. I went to see the Macy's parade, the Statue of Liberty and so on. That was just ok for me; they were just sightseeing places anyway.I want to thank for artistic aspects of NYC.

I went to Metropolitan Museum, Although I have been there several times, still that place enchants me. It is huge, and you always have to decide what you are going to see before you go there.

I chose to see modern art this time.

I found some pieces of my favorite artist, Joan Miro. His paintings are awesome; most of them are abstract, and I have no clue where objects in the picture come from. They are always full of vivid colors, which he uses contrasively and expand the world of his pictures. There is move in the pitcure. However, there is conherence in the pitctures. There is silence.

These silence and move in the same picture drive me crazy. How does he achieve to put these contradict factors into one picture???

I was watching the same picture of him for almost 30 minites. I thought I talked to the artist.

In the daydream with him, he was working on a piece. I asked him why he could draw like that. He told me that it was a piece of cake and showed me how to. Then he took a pen, and without thinking, he started drawing. Objects naturally came out from the tip of his pen and sit on paper.

He told me that the important thing is to dance. Let your body dance. Let your pen dance. Let your brain dance. Dance dance, and dance, so that your experience and creativeness come out together with steps.

He said his dance was sometimes slow but sometimes rapid. That is why his paintings have silence and movements.

I want to be like him. I want to be a person who can have movements and silence at the same time. And I thought it was the time for me to study in order to accumulate some experience to my empty brain.


Dance dance, and dance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home